Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The beginning of the loss

I have lost 100# three different times in my life, but have never seen it through to completion - getting to an optimum weight and learning to maintain.  LOSING WEIGHT is the easy part; KEEPING IT OFF has not been something I have accomplished.  This time will be different.  I am approaching it differently.  I am not having a self-prescribed cheat (read:BINGE) day like I have had on each weigh day of the previous 3 weight loss journeys. I am meeting with a (wonderful) therapist who is helping me with the "backstory" of my weight issues.  I AM NOT STEPPING ON A SCALE OTHER THAN AT MY MEETING.

This is my before picture, taken August 31, 2012.  I am not (emotionally) prepared to tell what my beginning weight is, but I am working on that.  Instead, I will post a new picture weekly with the amount of weight lost that week.

If you are reading this, please understand that I am using this as another accountability tool, and covet your prayers and good wishes for my journey.

I have taken the first step, and will not stop....

No comments:

Post a Comment